The Management Development Program
Good management is the foundation of organisational success. To become a great manager who inspires teams to achieve, technical skills are not enough : an extensive range of management skill sets needs to be continuously developed. An effective manager’s goal should be to continuously improve these skills so that organisational objectives are achieved efficiently and effectively, performance is successfully directed and managed, and new challenges confidently, comfortably and knowledgeably confronted.
Participants will review the principles of management and an examination will be made of the traits of successful and proactive managers. Participants’ own management approaches will be reflected upon, and skills sets developed to achieve a balance of winning core competencies for organisational, departmental and individual success.
- Reviewing core principles of management in organisations
- Examining the profile of a successful Manager
- Thinking on your feet; being creative
- Understanding the Manager as a strategist
- Avoiding pitfalls of planning
- Making the right decisions
- Identifying and managing Resources
- Managing and motivating people
- Building a winning team
- Monitoring and measuring performance
- Communicating effectively
- Delegating the task, not the responsibility
- Dealing with conflict and problem solving
- Avoiding management mistakes
- Packing the Management toolbox
- Thinking about What’s Next?
5 days; 30 hours
“The trainings conducted by SKILLS (previously BFST) has always been a huge success among BIsB's employees! The employees have been able to obtain a new sense of confidence and have been able to communicate their ideas & concerns. Their input has given us the opportunity to implement new strategies and procedures to improve our banking services. Thank you SKILLS for your professionalism and commitment to excellence. I unequivocally recommend SKILLS to those interested in improving their employees' skills”.
Reem Al Mutawaj
Manager - Training & Development
Bahrain Islamic Bank
Kingdom of Bahrain
Please view our courses