Creative and Critical Thinking
This two-day workshop will develop participants’ skills to think laterally and will provoke analytical, objective and critical thinking ‘Outside the Box’. Skills such as initiative taking, critical thinking, applying innovation and implementing a new and creative approach to problem solving are necessary in order to enhance efficiency, effectiveness and overall performance at work, and are key abilities and attributes critical to both business success and personal development.
Participants will explore the benefits of developing creative and critical thinking strategies, and will practice 20 techniques to generate new ideas and innovative solutions to problems. By viewing problems as opportunities for improvement, participants will appreciate that an attitude shift and a change in perception can lead to positive results and action for improvement.
- Understanding the need for creativity and new ideas in the workplace
- Applying a creative frame of mind
- Examining approaches to creativity
- Differentiating between when to use Programmed thinking and when to use Lateral Thinking
- Recognising and overcoming barriers to effective and creative thinking
- Finding solutions through creative processes
- Practicing different mind tools and techniques to develop creative thinking and solve problems
2 days; 12 hours
“As a certified Investor in People organization, we strive to continuously provide our employees with unique learning and development solutions and pportunities. In our partnership with SKILLS , they were able to deliver custom made learning sessions and workshops that have challenged and inspired our employees“
Shaikh Faisal Bin A. Rahman Al Khalifa
Director of Quality Systems & Internal Audit
Court of the Crown Prince, Kingdom of Bahrain
Please view our courses