Workplace Ethics: Professional Development
New entrants to the workplace are required to demonstrate an appropriate ethos towards work on which they can build their career and their future. Understanding work ethics and the adapting to the culture of the workplace needs to be achieved in order to develop professional skills and become an effective and responsible employee.
Employees exhibiting characteristics of good work ethics are more likely to be selected for promotion, given more responsibility and build a rewarding professional career.
Participants will learn about the skills, competencies and positive behaviours that will make them stand out and be noticed in the workplace. Protocol at work will be examined, and participants will examine the workplace values that need to be demonstrated for successful performance at work.
- Understanding the vision and mission of an organization
- Knowing where you are in the organisational hierarchy
- Clarifying expectations of performance
- Being accountable, responsible and reliable
- Managing your time and meeting deadlines
- Interacting with others at work
- Becoming a dependable team member
- Demonstrating respect and a positive attitude
- Preparing for your performance appraisal
- Complying with rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Making decisions and solving workplace problems
- Thinking about career planning : Your personal and professional development plan
3 days; 18 hours
“The trainings conducted by SKILLS (previously BFST) has always been a huge success among BIsB's employees! The employees have been able to obtain a new sense of confidence and have been able to communicate their ideas & concerns. Their input has given us the opportunity to implement new strategies and procedures to improve our banking services. Thank you SKILLS for your professionalism and commitment to excellence. I unequivocally recommend SKILLS to those interested in improving their employees' skills”.
Reem Al Mutawaj
Manager - Training & Development
Bahrain Islamic Bank
Kingdom of Bahrain
Please view our courses