Governance Standards on Shari’a Compliance
The Corporate Governance for Islamic Financial Institutions is assuming a growing significance with the steep growth in Islamic Finance system both regionally and now globally. This industry has become a major source of wealth creation and financing of investment projects worldwide. Islamic Financial Institutions provide a viable option to savers and investors who are inclined to deal with exclusively Islamic financial system given their religious and ideological stance.
Governance includes the way financial institutions’ affairs are managed, through the role of the Board of Directors and senior management, which in turn affects the organizations’ objectives, taking into account the rights of shareholders and stakeholders, as well as protect the rights of its depositors.
• General and Special Features of Islamic Banks
• Islamic vs. Conventional Banks
• How does an Islamic Bank source and mobilize its funds?
• Islamic Finance Infrastructure
• The Source of Shari’a and Authorities on interpretation
• Accounting and Auditing Organization for Islamic Financial Institutions (AAOIFI)
• Shari’a Supervisory Boards (SSB)
• What is Corporate Governance?
• Do Islamic Banks require different Governance?
• Different theories and models of Corporate Governance
• Accountability of an Islamic Bank: Governance from an Islamic perspective
• Principles of Corporate Governance
• Poor Governance and Good Governance
• Principles for Enhancing Corporate Governance
Upon completion of this course, the participants will be able understand:
• Definition and concept of Corporate Governance
• The different views of Corporate Governance
• The various theories in the Corporate Governance framework
• The main Corporate Governance models
• The Corporate Governance in the banking sector and how it differs from other sectors
• The meaning of Governance form Islamic perspective
• The objectives of the AAOIFI standards on Corporate Governance and the various aspects of the standards.
3 days; 18 hours
“We are immensely pleased to be associated with ‘SKILLS’. Their
courses have been of the highest quality covering the subjects’
matters and dealing with practical approaches covering related
jobs functions areas which most of our clients’ delegates
would be applying in their work environment. SKILLS trainers
are professional, knowledgeable, personable and enthusiastic
and demonstrated the ability to meet the expectation of
Head of Product Development
Qatar Finance and Business Academy- QFBA, Qatar